Monday, March 20, 2017

Style of Appropriation


There are a lot of APS ready to let you appropriate an image which will allow you to take a photo and put in the face.
If your skin tones are the same it may work. However it usually looks funny.

Here are the steps that I would take in Photoshop instead.
First take a photo that will have the same face angle.
Crop it as close as possible.  If I need hands I usually will take some photos of feet and arms as well.
I just may want a more interesting face.

First on my original I will copy the hair. Put it on a separate layer.
After copying hair (Making sure it is on it's own layer) I erased the head.

Going back to the puppy photo, I went to image, adjust and matched the color to the painting.

As you see it is much bluer.

Next I resized the face to approximately the right size. 

 Making the background transparent so I could see the relationship I 
rotated the image.
 I start erasing the large unwanted parts of the photo.
 It is much easier to do fine erase when you zoom in 200%.
 Here I went to the hat, hair and erased unwanted areas.
 Bu turning off the face I refined the hat more.
 Here I copied part of the background to make up for
the hole above the head.

 This will work but needs some work to refine it.
 By adding a layer of black I am able to see better to erase more clearly.
 Here I am using a father erase tool to make the fur realistic.
 I moved the face down and need to redo some of the parts around the necklace.
 Here I added a section around the hat.
 The background hole is the biggest problem, I use the state tool to blend it in.
Then I used a dry brush and a pastel filter on the dog. I do the same to the small background as drybrush.
I add the same filter to the painting, but fade it.  After flattening the image, I play a little more with the background hole until I am satisfied.


The finished painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment